Monday, March 12, 2012

Busy, loving the weather

The weekend weather was over 60* seems weird this early in the year, but I am not complaining. Baby goats are doing well, bouncing around everywhere. Frosty, their mom has been a fabulous first time mom.

Went riding on Saturday, it's been years since I had a long ride. A bit frustrating that 7 years after a bad horse crash that I still find myself, way too tense to completely relax. Riding an excellent horse, Daisy courtesy of my friend Mark is an excellent way to get back into the groove. https://www.facebook.com/markanddusty Then we went target shooting, came home smelling of horses and gunpowder, doesn't get much better than that!!!! Hoping to ride in South Dakota in June ( anyone nearby who's interested let me know have room to trailer 3 horses) at the Holcomb Buffalo Ranch https://www.facebook.com/pages/Holcomb-Buffalo-Ranch/147484495287551

Ruby, the red Dexter has become quite a 'pocket' cow, follows you in the pasture begging for treats and in case you didn't notice her, she trumpets constantly. I say trumpet because she really doesn't sound like a cow when she does it!!! More like a call to battle trumpet you'd expect to hear in a sci-fi movie.

Curious to see what the weather for the rest of the year will be like.

No comments: