Friday, January 15, 2010

time flies


wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post.

New events, Bubby my gelding quarter horse received a rather large bite from my stud. I believe the stud was protecting his food supply, although it seems rather weird as they have been together for many months now. Oh well, cleaning and flushing and giving antibiotic shots are keeping me busy. Poor Bubby is not too keen on all this attention. This wound is gross, even by my vet tech standards. Softball size around and about 1.5" deep yuck.

We are expecting two calves any time soon, can't wait babies are always fun!!! I have sold my babydoll sheep and livestock is down to just the Dexters, horses and chickens,geese.

I'm hoping this doesnt come as a big surprise but "Monsanto's GMO corn has been linked to organ failure" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/12/monsantos-gmo-corn-linked_n_420365.html

I'm so glad that we have the opportunity and the blessing of being able to raise our own meat, hoping the garden will actually get going this year. I'm planning on raising a pig this year also. Another learning experience I'm sure.

I hope this finds you well, healthy and safe.

Oh my goodness how could I have forgotten? Scooter the wonder puppy is growing like a weed. We keep joking that we aren't going to let him go to sleep because you can almost see the difference is size when he gets up. He went from 18# on 12/29 to 23# on 1.8 amazing!!!!

H

No comments: