Monday, March 28, 2011

The Melt

Dare I hope?  Hope that perhaps warmer weather is on the way?   Well,  I'm going to do it anyway!!!  The creek has already risen and gone back down, runoff from the north seems to be abating.   Ok, look back at my hill.... waaaaaa!  snow still over 6" in spots.   That's ok, I know spring is on it's way.  Birds are singing and returning, chickens are out and about.

I spent the last weekend driving to Iowa with Theresa, a  friend to pick up a dairy Dexter for her.   It was a long day of driving but it was nice to be out and about, the only downer was that I was unable (no money) to purchase another dexter that was already being milked.   I will have a dairy animal this year!!!!!!!   Met Larry Graber and his wife, enjoyed a nice cup of coffee with fresh, unpasteurized cream and a glass of milk also.   Theresa is also the proud owner of the little bull calf whose picture graced the blog in February.  He is doing well at ox school and is anxious to get a buddy/team mate.  

No comments: