Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rain!!!

I can almost see the grass growing and greening before my eyes. Not sure who will be happier the animals with the new grass growth or myself for the same reason.

Morning brought 4 new chicks, 3 black/white and 1 yellow. It's so cute to see them peek out from mom's wing. Geese eggs are due to hatch any day now also. If you are interested in some American buff goslings let me know, there are LOTS of eggs.

We deliver "Larriette" and her calf to some great people today. I always love getting to know the people our animals go to and Susan and her family seem to be kindred spirits, with the same goals of land stewardship and animal husbandry that we have. I'm excited also to see their farm and the jersey calf and other critters they have.

Here's to green growing grass!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Debbie,
Lariette and "Hippo" (his temporary name becaue he does sort of remind us of a baby hippopotamus) are doing great! We moceved them to the west pasture so they could go into the loafing shed --which they did overnight and in the hail yesterday. I was very proud of my herding ability moving them. Today Lariette touched me with her nose but wouldn;t take the cookie out of my hand--she did eat it off the ground and took hay from me. Hippo really wants to play with Reuben(the Jersey calf) but Lariette is limiting their contact. It was a beautiful afternoon and Cadence and I spent a couple hours out in the pasture with them today so they would get used to us. Both calves were roming and kicking up their heels--so incredibly adorable!!